Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Weekend Review: Well, at least Weekend Gloss Over

This weekend was a whole lot of craziness and is the reason that I haven not posted since last Wednesday. You know when you have plans that you want to avoid to the point that you would rather the work week last forever than have the weekend come? Yeah, one of those. Ok, well that was just one of our plans – the other big ones were nice.

Saturday morning was best described as a big bowl of awkward with a side of guilt and ridicule. I’ll just leave it at that and say that I was sorry that it ended up that way and I’m glad that it’s over.

The rest of the day Saturday was really pretty nice and spent running errands with Hubby. I swear, today is that day that I’m going to order a decent small camera so that I can take pictures when we are out and about. Right now my options are to either use my iPhone (which lets be honest – not the very best camera out there) or carry around my good camera and look like a tourist at Target. Neither is a very attractive option.

Sunday was nice. Really. It was. If you don’t believe me then why are you still reading this? Hubby and I went to my mom’s for breakfast with my sister (waffles and berries – so good!) and later in the day we went to Hubby’s parents’ house for Christmas. Yes, Christmas was on February 12 and it snowed here so all we did was wait for winter to finally show up. I made a layered Mexican Dip that I forgot to take a picture of, but I’ll put the recipe below. It went over really well and was almost a meal in and of itself.

So that is my weekend review, or at least the Cliff Notes version of it.

Layered Mexican Dip

2 cans of fat free refried beans
1 can of chili
2 pouches of pre-made guacamole
1 container of sour cream
1 jar of medium salsa
2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
3 diced roma tomatoes
1 large can of sliced black olives
1 bunch of green onions, diced

Get a large casserole dish and layer each ingredient as follows: beans, chili, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, black olives, green onions. Serve at room temperature with tortilla chips. Enjoy!

This is a super simple recipe that is really very good and not entirely bad for you. It was a big hit and I will make it again!

Love,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment